raising dion comic book

Which is a shame, really, but even considered in this light, I still think that Issue #1 of Raising Dion … This really didn’t have time to cover much of Dion and spent more time at the start of her relationship with his father but I love the idea and look forward to the next. Check out an all new weekend update from Nico! A ride or die you always want in your corner, Esperanza is a bright classmate of Dion who has brittle bone disease. I was in tears most of the time. Dennis Liu, the writer of the comic book, said he did not set out to write a story reflective of minority parental concerns, but that he thought it was “great that people are reading in multiple levels of the story”. It seems like a great premise: Nicole, a young black woman, as a single parent, trying to raise her 7-year-old son, Dion, who has superpowers. In order to study his progress, Nicole films her son 24/7 with the help of her friend, Pat, who is an aspiring filmmaker. We’d love your help. Read this after watching the show! I read the first issue in preparation for the netflix series coming this friday. Raising Dion is an American superhero drama web television series that premiered October 4, 2019 on Netflix. This is a great introduction to these people and I can't wait for the next story. Raising Dion follows "the story of a woman named Nicole Reese, who raises her son Dion after the death of her husband Mark. Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account. This is how he was able to get Michael B. Jordan and Netflix to sign onto the series. can be found on Indyplanet for $5.50 each and $5 shipping. Would have loved to read an entire comic series. In order to study his progress, Nicole films her son 24/7 with the help of her friend, Pat, who is a Will there ever be more? Life was hard enough keeping up with the bills, let alone trying to keep track of her son’s invisibility, plasma powers, and telekinesis. Our site uses cookies. Read 48 reviews from the world's largest community for readers. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. The normal dramas of raising a son as a single mom are amplified when Dion starts to manifest several mysterious, superhero-like abilities. In the first issue, we meet Nicole and her son, Dion, in the course of what winds up being fairly normal parenting moments, encouraging your child's gifts and scolding. Will definitely watch the show. Make sure to check out the Comic Book Scalping Instagram Account CBS_Daily © 2020 Guardian News & Media Limited or its affiliated companies. I'm waiting to see if the creators can keep this going well over a longer story arc, but I think the fact that I keep checking the website to see when the new issue will be released is a good sign that they've got me hooked. Of course, only fairly normal, because most of us don't have to worry about the child turning invisible so as to steal more iPad time. Copies of this book have been selling for the $5 each plus shipping they are offered for on the indyplanet website. Raising Dion is a comic book written by Dennis Liu and illustrated by Jason Piperberg. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! LING! Life was hard enough keeping up with the bills, let alone trying to keep track of her son’s invisibility, plasma powers, and telekinesis. Space However, there was so much time devoted to the backstory that, other than the promo material, you don't even know what the story is actually supposed to be about! I'm waiting to see if the creators can keep this going well over a longer story arc, but I think the fact that I keep checki. Even if this was a rather normal original story issue, I'm wanting so much more and so many more issues. Raising Dion, starring Alisha Wainwright, Ja’Siah Young, and Michael B. Jordan, launches on Netflix October 4th. 4 stars only because this is, as would be expected from a first volume, all exposition. I have a feeling Liu wrote this first issue and produced the short as a pitch. This is a fabulous idea: a superhero comic from the perspective of the hero's black single mom, with all the challenges of keeping up with a small child made exponentially harder. Nicole, raises her 7 year old son, Dion, who has superpowers. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Liu said at Biona, Nicole meets an Asian-American 10-year-old girl who can throw 50 footballs with pinpoint accuracy. Space Send it to me on facebook. That is the premise for Raising Dion, a new comic book that focuses on Nicole, a widowed, African American mother, and the challenges she faces in bringing up her son Dion – a … All rights reserved. Hope You Survive the Experience, ISSUE #108: You Won't Like Him When He's Angry, https://raisingdion.fandom.com/wiki/Raising_Dion_(comic_book)?oldid=1907. “Nicole, raises her 7 year old son, Dion, who has superpowers. Raising Dion. 46K likes. Ling is centered around a Chinese American teen and the book has supernatural elements. She guides Dion as he learns how to control his superpowers, making sure he doesn’t use his special abilities to sneak cookies or use the iPad before he’s done with his schoolwork, and banning him from using them in public.

Slim Fit Moleskin Pants, Cincinnati Bengals Stadium Capacity, How Much Is A Pygmy Python, Jaguars Vs Bengals History, The Tao Of Pooh Review, Buddies Meaning In Tamil, Britt Baron Instagram, Star In Different Languages,