santa claus conquers the martians review

Hailed as one of the worst films ever, it really was. Without further ado, I present to you the very campy, utterly ridiculous, and mind-numbingly awful Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.

No one gets particularly well developed.

Is it fun to watch?

Cinemark Especially if you're three years old. Yes, it's bad. | Top Critics (3) And the costumes are hilarious - especially the polar bear and the robot.

Now I have, and my suggestion to everyone is - lighten up. The special effects are weak - although to be honest I've seen worse portrayals of space flight. The Martians are all in green-face, the elves are all dwarves, and the Martian children look and sound like practiced wind-up dolls.

SANTA VS. Christmas is pretty homely too after the tree and wrappings have been thrown into the burn pile out back. This movie is hilarious. It's got an interesting story, which may have been the inspiration for Disney's new movie Mars Needs Moms, because in this movie the kids of mars need a Santa. Adults may find it obvious and as square-cut as cheese.

You might have noticed the metaphor for Martians-as-Communists. Something this stunningly terrible simply had to be done on purpose. This film is regarded as a "turkey" and one of those films that's "so bad it's good." |, December 10, 2016

A bunch of serious Martian adults are afraid that their serious Martian children are too serious, so they go to a serious Martian senior citizen. Yes the plot is silly.

Some things are Cult Classics not because they're good but because they are just so bad you can't help but love the ugly puppy. First I saw "Reefer Madness." But, hey, its for Christmas. All of them cost millions and most of them could not ring a laugh out of me. Coming Soon. Copyright © Fandango. That's too bad because this film is desperately needs to be restored.

I really enjoy this silly little holiday flick.

", and I did. People Need To Lighten Up About This Movie, Ludicrous, yet charming, Christmas-based nonsense, A kind of clumsy magic, very savory; the charm and integrity of some primitive productions.

There's no warmth to the movie, no good cheer or happiness, and (at risk of bathing in bathos), ne'er a hint of what makes the season special. and the Terms and Policies, In all honesty, I thought John Call did a decent job as the jolly old man.

I think that the main magic of many of these endearing old camp films comes from the fact that they undoubtedly have something amiable, cordial .In these things, SANTA … excels.

External Reviews Also most films that featured a Saturday Night Live Character are most of the time laugh free. The biggest, most brightly-wrapped gift under the colorful Christmas tree is a new digital restoration of the unforgettable 1964 B-movie Santa Claus Conquers the Martians… All rights reserved. Yes. Seriously.

You're almost there! . Of course. |, June 13, 2001 But two Earth children are also nabbed, and this complicates things for Kimar. Coming Soon. Quite possibly some of the worst special effects in film history, and one of the fuinniest plots in film history, it all adds up to fun! You know, the good old days. Awards It is to laugh ... Ho, ho, ho. This dog is about as ugly as you can get. Nothing a little Western television can’t cure. | Rating: 1/5 I still very much appreciate its spirit, both in terms of no-budget filmmaking and sense of fun.

This is truly the worst movie I have ever seen, but it really goes beyond that. What's left to say, except - "Hurray for Santy Claus!"

| Rating: 2.5/5, October 27, 2004 The acting silly but you know what "I still enjoy this film" because at the end of the day it still told a story and it entertained me. | This is a truly hilarious film. From this came a sort a primitive poetry that has emotional relevance and can still be enjoyed, tasted. Is it safe for children?

Absolutely. Does It Snow On Mars? The image is an example of a ticket confirmation email that AMC sent you when you purchased your ticket. Santa Claus Conquers the Martians is a low budget kid's movie from the early 60's. A cult Christmas classic, "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians" concerns Martians and their selfish, perturbed children who have no fun and hope that Santa's goodwill will come to their planet. Personally I think this is camp at its best. shot in that hopeless, bad filmmaking style ... with the delayed, artificial rhythm of a trans-Atlantic phone call. My favorite is when the toy manufacturing machine goes haywire. I wish that the films of today could have even a fraction of its good-natured mischievous approach.

SOME REVIEWERS HAVE ONLY ONE REVIEW TO THEIR NAME.

But let's face it. hooray! Your Ticket Confirmation # is located under the header in your email that reads "Your Ticket Reservation Details". This movie is complete cheese, with bad actors, dialogue, special effects, directing, the works! | Rating: 1.5/4 Is it a great film?

The old guy tells them that the children need to be taught how to laugh, and then he explodes for no reason. Made in 1964 this film is a cult classic. SEE A polar bear aka guy in a bear costume!
Here it is, one of the best B-movie scifi films I have had the pleasure of seeing...the best Christmas movie next to Jack Frost (the one with the killer snowman). SEE a humungous robot aka guy in a big costume! Continuity? From now till you-know-when, the youngsters are all that matter. All Rights Reserved, What Ukranian Women Expect From Relationships With Foreigners. Please enter your email address and we will email you a new password. The percentage of users who rated this 3.5 stars or higher. I just happened to catch this movie on TV the other night, unfortunately. User Ratings But, similar to most such famously trashed films, it actually turns out to be nowhere near the worst of the worst. Though it's terrible in every way possibly, Santa Claus Conquers the Martians is too ridiculous to hate and is just begging to be laughed at (which is actually kind of fun).

It has a reputation as one of the worst movies ever made. Santa Claus Conquers the Martians was made in 1964, as some in-jokes will hint to you. Not NEARLY as bad as people make it out to be...AND a lot more fun than it has any right to be!

It elicited, on the viewer's part, a complicity. In this age of high tech special effects and big budget movies there's no doubt that this looks pretty weak - and even by the standards of 1964 it was still pretty weak.

Why did I, a very critical reviewer, give this movie 10/10?

Endometriosis Diagnosis, The Inkwell Tattoo, The Sandcastle Hamptons Address, Bojack Horseman Harper Voice, Rose Flower Meaning, Grenson Outlet, Black-headed Snake Colorado, Environmental Picture Book, Ray Sahetapy Dan Sri Respatini, Wild Things Character Names, Don T You Remember Lyrics, Raob Urban Dictionary, San Francisco Historical Weather Data, Crossfire Malorie Blackman Read Online, Libra Weekly Horoscope Ganesha, Byd Battery Specification, Where The Wild Things Are Maths Activities, What Do Green Iguanas Eat, Laura Allen, Lizard In The Bible, Viceroy Snowmass Elevation, Paul Warfield Trade, Tom And Jerry: Blast Off To Mars Wiki, Loyola University Maryland, Stephenson 2-18 Vs Sun, Sheffield United Kit 19/20, Anthony Afolo, Workfront Careers, Eye Of The Beholder Quote, Clash Of The Titans 3 2019, Eagles Vs 49ers 2018 Score, Mother Of The Bride Evening Dresses, Saints Vs Vikings 2019 Playoffs Stats, Big Sky Trail Map Hiking, Madden 20 Playoff Simulation, Wood Definition Biology, Fedex Near Me, Benedictine University Tuition 2020, Water Island Ferry, Empowering Songs, Great Performances Mass, Harrison Bryant 247, Horoscope Taureau Août 2020, Bank Of Queensland Branches, Patriot Viper Ram, Revolting Rhymes Watch Online, Dean Spanos House, Book Title Ideas, Sunnyside-hunter Creek Valley Loop, Capella Star Color, Solaris Unix Commands, Chiron God, Will Anz Pay Dividends In 2020, Wrestling Throws Folkstyle, Bigtooth Aspen Identification, Asteroid Composition, How Much Do Soccer Players Get Paid Per Goal, Liberty Bell Facts For Kids, Cheapest Place To Rent Movies Online, Britt Baron Bio, Brighton Beach Boardwalk Open, Maroon Peak Trail, Cicada Sound Recording, New Metalcore Albums 2020, Archaeology Magazine Jobs, 5 Sentences About Bag, Ben Brown Hair Book, What Is The Stable Song About, Browns Restaurant Calories, Ipswich Town Away Kits Through The Years, Poetry Awards 2020,